Is This 4K Dual Camera Drone Any Good?
There is no doubt that drones have become incredibly popular in recent years, for various reasons. For one thing, capturing photos and videos from great angles that would otherwise be out of reach is easy with a drone – just check out any of the thousands and thousands of videos of drone footage that you can find online on sites such as YouTube.
If you are reading this review, you are most likely interested, or at least curious about drones and what they can do. There are many, many different products available on the market, and it can be difficult to know which ones are the best value for money.
In the past, drone technology was pretty much only used by the military, and as such drones were very expensive to manufacture, buy, and maintain. That is no longer the case thankfully, and good quality drones can be purchased by anybody online or in a store for a reasonable price. Since drones appeared on the market to the public, they have become significantly more advanced both in performance and in the range of different products available.
You have probably noticed more and more drones flying around in the air around you over the last few years, as drones are becoming more and more popular with a wide range of demographics from remote control plane enthusiasts and hobbyists, to athletes, to young people just looking to take selfies from a cool angle! Drones really are the latest craze, and it looks like they won’t be going away any time soon.
In this review, we will be looking at just one of the many drone products available – the Tactic Air Drone. This is a popular and relatively new model, and has been mentioned by many users online, so we decided to find out if this product is worth your hard-earned money. We ordered the it to our office and then embarked on a series of tests with it to see if it lives up to the hype. Keep reading to find out if it is the right product for you or whether you should keep searching!
Tactic Air Drone Review – The Basics
It is a new, quad-propelled drone product that is manufactured by Hyper Sls Ltd. The company also manufactures a range of other electronics products from smartwatches to WiFi boosting devices. This drone comes with a variety of special features that help it to stand out from the crowd and give great results.
It was designed and constructed with extreme precision. It films video at a resolution of 4K HD, and captures footage that is of a highly professional quality! It comes with dual cameras which can be used either independently or simultaneously. The upper and lower cameras are controlled either with the included remote control, or with an easy-to-use mobile app designed to enable you to control the camera and the flight of the drone itself with simple hand gestures.
The Air Drone comes in a convenient foldable structure and in a lightweight, portable design, so you can take it anywhere!
- Smart Follow Me Mode – using the drone’s “Smart Follow Me” Mode ensures that the drone follows you automatically wherever you go, without the need to be controlled manually. This groundbreaking feature allows you to take footage of yourself walking, running, cycling or taking part in any sports/activities without needing your own personal photographer to follow you – the device does it all!
- Portrait Follow Mode -portrait follow mode is similar to smart follow me mode, except you can designate a subject other than yourself for the drone to follow!
- Trajectory Flight – to use the Trajectory Flight feature, simply open the mobile app and draw the desired flight path on the screen, and the drone will follow the flight path! This is great for planning video recordings of set areas.
- Optical Flow Sensor – the optical flow feature keeps the cameras stabilized during flight, which reduces shakiness of footage even in windy conditions. Whatever the weather, you can capture clear, smooth footage and images!
- Dual Camera And Split Screen – The Drone is equipped with two 4K cameras that can record video or capture high-res images. The split-screen feature allows you to see and to record from both of these cameras simultaneously, either separately or picture-in-picture.
- Intelligent Hand Gesture Recognition – It includes a feature that lets you capture images through hand gestures – for example, making a peace sign automatically takes a photo from the drone! Taking a great selfie or group photo without having to press a button is easy!
- 20-minute Flight Time – The average amount of time most drones can fly is between ten and fifteen minutes, whereas the Tactic AirDrone flies for up to twenty minutes, which is comparable to much more expensive products on the market!
These features are great at giving anyone the chance to easily take professional-quality aerial photography with ease. It is also Wi-Fi-enabled, and the app is intuitive and easy to use.
Crystal Clear 4K Images
The cameras take crystal clear 4K HD images, with an impressive resolution of 4096 X 3072 pixels! They can also be rotated up to 90 degrees, and have an adjustable viewing angle of 120 degrees, giving users the ability to film from almost any angle while on the move!
The Drone’s technical specifications include:
- Adjustable dual 4K HD cameras with 4096 X 3072 resolution
- Optical Flow Positioning, which keeps the device stable in the air to enable more precise aerial photography
- An adjustable altitude level that you can set in advance to ensure that the device flies to your chosen altitude and no further
- Intelligent Hand Gesture Recognition – the device automatically captures images or video footage when it senses either a “peace” sign or an open palm gesture
- An included instruction manual that shows you exactly how to use the device
- Trajectory Flight – just draw a path on your mobile phone screen and the device will automatically navigate it
- Movie Editing – the mobile app lets you edit and enhance any photos or videos you take before sharing them
- 6-axis gyroscope
- A remote control distance of approximately 100 meters
- An image following distance of between one and five meters
- A maximum flight time of 18 to 20 minutes
- A charging time of around 150 minutes
- Comes with included carry bag
- Interchangeable modular batteries
- Product dimensions (folded): 136x85x60mm
- Product dimensions (unfolded): 270x260x60mm
What Comes in the Box?
The Tactic Air Drone arrives in a box containing:
- The drone itself
- Remote control
- USB Charging Cable
- 4 spare blades
- 1 Screwdriver
- User manual
How to Transport the Tactic Air Drone
Tactic Air Drone uses three-dimensional folding technology – it folds to just 13.6×8.5x6cm, and comes with a sturdy carry case included so that you can take it anywhere. In addition to being of a small size, it is also very lightweight – only 0.3200kg!
Although the device is also popular with experienced drone enthusiasts, it is designed primarily for the beginner – with easy wireless controls and an intuitive mobile app.
How to Use Drones Safely
Most drone users are novices when they start, so it is important to learn and understand how to use drones (such as quadcopters or any other multi-rotor device) safely before you start.
The first thing to check is that it is legal to fly a drone where you are – many areas such as airports prohibit their use for safety reasons, and different countries with different jurisdictions have different regulations and laws around the use of drones, with some countries (such as Algeria, Cuba, and North Korea) even banning their use entirely! Most countries have some sort of regulations, whether it is requiring a license to fly a drone or having to keep away from certain restricted areas. If you don’t want to end up with a hefty fine or worse, make sure that you check the laws before you fly!
You should also ensure that your drone and its controls are of good build quality and not damaged in any way. A damaged or faulty device can lead to loss of control during flight which can cause further damage to the drone itself or to people or property if it crashes.
Before you go out flying your drone in public, practice using it for a while somewhere safe, so that you can get used to the controls. The last thing to remember is to have respect for nature and wildlife – make sure that your drone use is not disturbing wildlife.
Basics of Drone Flight
If you are new to drones, it is best to understand the terminology used when talking about drone flight.
A drone with four propellers (the Tactic Air Drone is one example)
The left stick of the remote control, which controls yaw and throttle.
The right stick of the remote control, which directly controls yaw.
Yaw is the term used for the rotation of the drone, and the direction in which it points and flies.
Pitch is the term used for the angle that the drone tilts in flight.
Roll is the term used for when the device moves to the left or right.
Throttle is the term used for the height, or altitude, of the device.
It comes with a traditional remote controller, but also with a free mobile app that can also control the device from your phone.
How Well Does the Tactic Air Drone Fly?
If you’re reading this, you’re probably wondering if the flying capabilities of the Tactic Air Drone are as good as advertised. It is known as a “quadcopter”, meaning it has four rotating propellers. The device features a 6-axis gyroscope that includes effective calibration functions. We tested the drone out and the calibration functions certainly seem to work – the device flew level and smooth with no noticeable shaking or veering to one side or another. It was easy to control the speed of flying too, and the app was instantly responsive.
It also features an advanced anti-collision system that automatically and instantly readjusts the flight path to avoid collision with objects or people. LED lighting on the device also ensures that the drone is visible to others from a distance, and low power protection helps prevent damage to the drone in case of battery loss.
Controlling the drone via the mobile app or the remote controller is easy even if you’re a beginner to drones, we had no problems learning to use it. Takeoffs, falls and stops are each controlled with just one button, so it is safe to use. A density pressure sensor also enabled us to accurately set the height of the device, which was useful when flying under low bridges without crashing!
How Well Does it Capture Video/Images?
The Tactic Air Drone utilizes innovative fixed point technology which ensures that images or video taken are crystal clear and free of shakiness, even during fast flight. The fact that the drone can hover steadily enables high quality aerial videography or photography.
The app also allows you to adjust the focus of either of the two cameras, adjust the positioning/angle of the lenses, or switch from capturing photos to video with just the touch of a button. The cameras really are incredibly easy to maneuver and control, and the hand gestures are simple and easy to remember!
We tested the capabilities of the video capture by sending one of our colleagues on a run (sorry Dave!) outside in the park. Using the Smart Follow Me mode, the drone followed him and captured silky smooth video footage of his run (at his request, we won’t post this!) and plenty of high-quality still images too. Another great drone we reviewed was the Blade 720 Drone, so you might want to check that out.
Another test that we did was using the Trajectory Flight feature. It was incredibly easy to just draw a flight path on the app using our phone’s touchscreen, and the Tactic Air Drone followed the path almost instantly. This feature would be great for amateur and professional video/filmmakers, and we captured a really cool long tracking shot of the city streets!
Where Can You Buy Tactic Air Drone?
If you want to get your hands on this drone you will have to go to the official site and order the product directly from the manufacturer. Thankfully, there are currently some very generous discounts available from the site!
Ordering one device has a discount of 50% (at the time of writing), and ordering more than one means that each device is cheaper! You can also purchase a three-year warranty for just a small fee – this enables you to receive a replacement device in case there are any problems.
These exclusive offers are available only for a limited time, so act now if you want to take advantage! Ordering the device is fast and easy, and the website is secure, protects your order information, and offers free worldwide shipping.
We hope that this Tactic Air Drone review was helpful to you in choosing the right drone for your needs!
Ultimately, there was a lot to love about the Tactic Air Drone product. We have tested numerous other drone devices available on the market, and this one seems to rank with the more expensive options, despite its low price tag. The 4K camera really is great and the footage and images that we captured were clear, sharp and visually appealing. The editing filters are fun to use, if a little distracting on occasion! In terms of flying, the ease of use and ability to control the device ranks highly, and the app is so simple to use!
The build quality is also good – it doesn’t feel cheap or easily-breakable, but robust and sturdy. However, we would still avoid crashing it into anything – you always have to be safe when using drones!
The option to use either the mobile app or the remote controller is also a nice feature – we found that the controller offered a slightly higher level of precision and a more traditional flying experience, but the convenience and cool editing features of the app were also great!
The Tactic Air Drone met all of our needs in a way that surprised us as the price was so cheap and we hadn’t heard of the manufacturer before. Even our friends and family who have no experience with using drones before found the device and app easy and fun to use.
The only real downside that we encountered with this product was the limited methods of ordering it, as it is only available from the official website of the manufacturer, and can’t be found on Amazon or on the high street. However, this isn’t a particular obstacle to getting hold of it!
- 1 Tactic Air Drone Review – The Basics
- 2 Features
- 3 Crystal Clear 4K Images
- 4 Technical Specifications
- 5 What Comes in the Box?
- 6 How to Transport the Tactic Air Drone
- 7 How to Use Drones Safely
- 8 Basics of Drone Flight
- 9 How Well Does the Tactic Air Drone Fly?
- 10 How Well Does it Capture Video/Images?
- 11 Where Can You Buy Tactic Air Drone?
- 12 Verdict